The City of Ore City provides the daily maintenance and operation of the City Utility System which includes water and wastewater. Other services available through Public Works include minor street maintenance and repairs.
Public Works Supervisor: Kenneth Riddle
- Minimum Charge 2,000 gallons is $22.40. $2.06 per 1,000 gallons over minimum
- Sewer: min 2,000 gallons $16.60. 1000 over is $2.14
- Garbage – $14.38 for 1 can/ tax added to bill is $1.19
- $20.30 for 2 cans/ tax added to bill is $1.67
- no connection fee, with a $100 deposit.
- If you would like to donate monthly to our Volunteer Fire Department, we will gladly add it to your water bill! Simply call us and let us know how much you would like to donate!
- Ambulance Insurance: If you would like participate in GSMC Champion EMS ambulance insurance, you can do so with a minimal charge of $4.00 per month which we can add to your water bill.
Paying Your Bill:
Meters are read between the 21st and 24th of every month. We send out new bills on the last day of every month. They are due upon receipt. A late fee of 10% will be added after the 10th. Services will be disconnected if not paid by the 15th.
If services are disconnected the full amount of the past due bill and a $50 reconnect fee will be required prior to re connection.
- Pay Online
- Pay by check, money order, cash, credit or debit card in the office;
- Mail in a check or money order; or
- Place check or money order in the night deposit box
Automatic Draft: Save time and have peace of mind knowing your bill is paid on time every month by signing up for our free and convenient automatic draft. Just complete the authorization form and return the form and a voided check to city hall in person, in the drop box or by mail.
- If you find a discrepancy or you feel like there is a mistake on your water bill please contact us when you first receive your bill. If you wait too long we can not accurately reread the meter.
- After disconnection due to non payment a $50 reconnect fee will be required prior to reconnection.