DATE: August 22, 2019
APPLICATIONS DUE: September 5, 2019
POSITION: Patrol Officer
DEPARTMENT: Ore City Police Department
BEGINNING SALARY: $16.50 Hourly
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Available to work 48 hours or more a week; days and/or nights.
- Must be able to use computers and different programs proficiently.
- Must have ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, departmental policies, rules, regulations, and laws.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations among persons of widely divergent backgrounds.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental employees, prisoners, and the general public.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- High school graduation or its equivalent.
- Licensed Peace officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education.
- Two years experience in law enforcement in the State of Texas preferred but not required: or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities, and meets state statutes.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION:
- Valid Texas motor vehicle operator’s license is required.
- Certification as a Licensed Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer by the Standards and Education.
- Retirement through Texas Municipal Retirement System
- Employer Paid Health Insurance